Thursday, September 23, 2010

Full Moon

I used to laugh at a 1st grade teacher-friend who would mark her calendar when the full moon would be, so she could be prepared for crazy students.  Today, I had one of those teaching days when you feel like a complete failure.  There was at least one child in each class that was so "off" it affected the entire group.  I attempted to teach lessons I know are successful, but it just wasn't happening today.  I jokingly asked another teacher if it was a full moon, and, of course, she said today was it.  That is combined with the local fair going on, where my students stay out late and consume large amounts of sugar.  Dear Lord, please let the craziness subside SOON.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly which teacher/friend you are talking about. Whenever my students are crazy, I think of her and her full moons. I just hope it wasn't one of my kids to act crazy, because there are quite a few who can.

    ReplyDelete