Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 2 "At Home"

I put at home in quotes, because we don't sit at home. Many acquaintances have asked if I'm going stir crazy yet, but my friends ask what Miles and I have been up to.
We've worked out something fun and small to do most days. I actually love scouring the Internet to see what fun, free events are coming up.
Twitter has become a great resource for mommy ideas, encouragement, and advice.
Having the time to plan and cook meals is so foreign to me, but I've been successful. so far.
I am working 8-10hrs a week for an accountant. It's been a great outlet to challenge my brain and interact with adults who discuss about other topics than mommy stuff.
It's so strange how normal this life feels. I don't even think about my teaching job. I didn't realize how much I wasn't getting done. It takes me nearly 2 hrs while Miles sleeps to keep the everyday things in this house going. No wonder I came home each day and shut down. It was overwhelming.
My favorite thing is to hear Miles tell people, "mama home!"

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! So happy for you! (I don't know if I would think about my teaching job either!)

    ReplyDelete