Friday, February 3, 2012

Tears...on the flip side

I cried this week.  I accidentally hit my arm really hard, cried, and then stopped, thinking, "when was the last time I cried?"  Then, I cried just a few seconds longer in excitement that I couldn't remember the last time I'd cried.  A year ago, I was quite possibly in the darkest place of my life.  It is so exciting to finally realize I'm on the flip side.  I entered this school year really hoping I was only going to work until Christmas.  I taught my favorite lessons, didn't sweat the small stuff, and was able to get out of bed each morning hoping this would all end soon.  With encouragement from close friends and family, I resigned to talk it all out with a therapist.  In session #1, she looked at me and said point blank the only way I was ever going to be happy was to be at home with Miles and that I actually deserved it.  She was right.  
Sunday afternoon fro yo date with Daddy

1 comment:

  1. Wish one of us had the courage to do what your doing.

    ReplyDelete