Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Dreaded Day

Since February, I have dreaded the day I had to go back to work and leave Miles. The past 6 months have been better than I ever dreamed. I thought for sure I would be going stir crazy at home, but I loved spending every waking moment with little man and meeting his every need.

The trip home from the beach Saturday was tough. I cried the whole way. My stomache ached and my heart felt as if it would burst just thinking about going back to work.

Getting those emotions out ahead of time really helped me face today. I handed a happy baby to my parents and headed off to work...no tears. The hardest parts were making the 45 minute drive to pick him up, him taking a nap when I wanted to play, and only getting to spend 3 hours with him all day.

It's just not enough!

1 comment:

  1. I am already dreading that day too . . . there are never enough days or hours and it goes by so fast. Congrats for making it through today!

    ReplyDelete